Moving companies would not normally advise you to start bombarding them with an array of difficult questions. And yet, this is something you should do if you want to choose a good moving company. Out of the 30 fundamental questions to ask your movers before hiring their services, you must seek satisfactory answers to at least the following 7 ones:
- Is your company properly licensed and insured?
- Do you offer on-site moving estimation?
- How much do you charge for extra services?
- How carefully will you handle my items and prevent property damage?
- Will you guarantee pickup and delivery dates?
- Do you provide experienced movers or temporarily hired laborers during the peak season?
- How do you handle disputes or damage claims?
Never become a moving scam victim: regrettably, there is a small number of dishonest movers that use the highly unethical, and illegal scam of low-balling their moving estimates just to lure in customers in order to hold their household items hostage until they get paid a much higher final price. Also known as rogue movers, such unlicensed moving companies should be avoided at all costs.
Check out this informative article to learn of what safety measures you can take to avoid becoming a victim of a moving scam scheme during your move.